ID: #3 or 753
Year Built: 1943
Vehicle Type: Engine
Chassis: International Harvester
Pump: Darley 500 gallon per minute
Apparatus Body: Darley
Water Tank: 200 gallon
Service History: 1951-1986 #3 was originally a Civil Defense truck for A.O.Smith Company during World War II. Purchased by the Merton Fire Department in 1951, it was used as First Due Engine until 1965 when the Ford/Pirsch Engine 751/4462 was purchased. From 1965 until 1986 it served as Reserve Engine until Engine 753 replaced it. Since then “Old 53” is being preserved as a parade truck and waiting for a full restoration.